As you probably know, in addition to the new great features the version 16.1 introduced, there are also various improvements to the learning materials that will allow you get the most of DevExpress products and become a better developer. The XAF documentation changes we are the most interested in are listed below. I highlighted the topics I personally like or value the most in yellow.
The good news is that there are even more documentation updates currently in the works, and hopefully, I will be able to announce them to you soon. To give you a hint, improved window resizing mechanism for both Windows and the Web, improved concepts for showing Views, registering property editors are among the things you will be able to learn more about in the future.
Concepts and task-based help
- Non-Persistent Objects
- Grid Based Reporting in WinForms Applications
- How to: Access the Office Navigation Bar
- How to: Access the Transition Manager
- How to: Edit a Reference Property in the Batch Edit Mode
- How to: Show Persistent Objects in a Non-Persistent Object's View
- Permission Policies
- Permissions for Associated Objects
- Ways to Display Properties of a Referenced Object Together with the Current Object's Properties
- XAF Mobile (CTP) Tutorial
- PermissionPolicyRole (DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.EF.PermissionPolicy)
- PermissionPolicyRole (DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.PermissionPolicy)
- PermissionPolicyRoleBase (DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.PermissionPolicy)
- PermissionPolicyRoleBase (DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.EF.PermissionPolicy)
- PermissionPolicyUser (DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.EF.PermissionPolicy)
- PermissionPolicyUser (DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.PermissionPolicy)
As you can see, there are both totally new articles and updates to the existing ones. Hopefully, even people familiar with the framework will find something helpful here. As always, the full list of What's New In Help for all products is waiting you here and here.
General upgrade tips
Please do not miss the Breaking Changes in 16.1.4 .NET Product Line document and XAF-related changes in particular. This information will help you upgrade your project to the new major version faster. See the General Information > Installation > Upgrade Notes documentation article for step-by-step upgrade instructions. You can find more upgrade tips in the end of my related blog post.