Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

How to remove or hide the base class from the New Action's items list

We have recently written a short article describing several methods of accomplishing a popular business model design task, which generated support calls in the past. Some things may already be known to you (e.g., the fact that in XAF you can control many things at the data model class and Controller level), but others are worth repeating, and I hope you will find this article helpful:



As always, I look forward to hearing your feedback in comments to this blog post. Thanks in advance.

4 comments:

  1. Is Defaultclassoption a default now? My apps never show business objects unless I specifically require them to.
    Has this changed?
    I will check again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is insufficient in a general case, because even without DefaultClassOptionsAttribute the base class can be shown in the New Action of a nested ListView.

      Delete
  2. Hello Dennis, please check my ticket: T253057

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please pardon my delayed response, Reinhold. We appreciate your taking the time to describe your requirements and current implementation. We have partially addressed your requirements in v15.2.6 as per http://dennisgaravsky.blogspot.com/2016/02/update-for-v1526-on-simplifying.html

      Delete